High School Guidance
Mission Statement: “Guidance Now…..Guidance for Life……….”
Director of Guidance: Mr. Tim Honsinger
Guidance Administrative Assistant: Mrs. Kathy Tobin
SCHOOL CODE: 335098
TEST CENTER: 33846
The Guidance Department seeks to help students improve their self-understanding in light of their abilities, strengths, and weaknesses, and by integrating our own resources with those of parents, teachers, administrators, and community services. Our goal is to help students reach their potential academically, socially and spiritually.
The Guidance Department provides the following support services:
- help students deal with a variety of social and personal issues (school, family, emotional)
- host parent nights and college information nights to help ease the college application and financial aid process.
- schedule college representatives to visit the school and meet with prospective students to discuss the requirements and programs / majors offered at their college.
- assists students registering for NCAA eligibility, the SAT, ACT and PSAT
- hone their career choices; match majors to potential colleges; and apply for scholarships and financial aid.
- assist student with course selection and scheduling.
The guidance college center includes electronic and print resources to help students research colleges and universities and prepare the necessary forms for admission. This room is also used for afterschool tutoring and mentoring.